This blog is dedicated to sharing the parties I create and style!

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Lady Bug 1st Birthday

Starting in utero I began calling my baby girl my love bug! So it was only fitting to throw a ladybug theme for her first birthday! I had the event in my parent’s backyard which was perfect for the theme and it was able to house the 75 guests we invited! After throwing this party I realized then I have a passion for styling events.




Handmade Ladybug invites


I’ve realized the key to a fabulous party is the invite. A well designed one sets the whole tone of the party! I hand cut out each ladybug on card stock which was tedious but I enjoyed every minute of it…
nothing but the best for my love bug!
 


Handmade paper vines with die-cut Ladybugs

Centerpieces
























Decor:::Our colors were red, lime green and white. Table clothes were red with white runners to off set the red bucket centerpieces. I bought real grass and filled the buckets and inserted a single white Gerber daisy. I attached a wooden ladybug to one of the petals. Buckets were tied off with white rick rack trim. I made paper vines out of green butcher paper and hung them from the patio, along with paper die cute ladybugs. I also had white lights hung since the party was going to be during the evening.



Birthday girl's ladybug cake
Ladybug cake with sweet and sour candy vines

Cake::: We bought a huge cake, since we had to feed 75 guest and we made cupcakes and iced them like ladybugs to decorate the top of the cake. We bought sweet and sour green candy strips that we cut and designed into vines and leaves and put them around the edge of the cake. We made a mini cake solely for the birthday girl to devour! 
Ladybug filled goodie bags
Ladybug filled birthday bags


Birthday girl with her guests!

Birthday girl’s outfit::: To make the birthday girl stand out I bought a polka dotted ladybug dress that I found on eBay. I completed her outfit with a love bug antenna head band! Her looked pulled the whole theme together!



Real ladybugs

One last thing…no ladybug party isn’t complete without real ladybugs! I bought them at a garden store and we had the kids release them into the garden! 

No comments:

Post a Comment