This blog is dedicated to sharing the parties I create and style!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Mommy To Bee Babyshower

This baby shower was so much fun to style.  A fellow teacher friend is having her first baby and the staff decided to throw her a lil’baby shower in the staff lounge. Let me be honest when I say this lounge lent no help in the cuteness area…I had my work cut out for me to style the space.  
 




 She's having a baby boy but I decided to stay away from the blue palette. She herself decorates her classroom boards with black paper and yellow boarders so I wanted to incorporate that color scheme. Who showcases these colors the best…why bees do of course! And with that, the theme...  "Mommy to Bee” was born. Beside the lack luster staff lounge my other challenge was the budget…it was literally non-existent. Everything was created from things found in my art closet! Needless to say, the shower was lovely and mommy to bee felt celebrated! I extremely enjoyed this styling process…
 





Mommy to bee baby shower banner
pom poms hanging with garland
Paper garland and tissue paper pom poms were hung

paper daisy yellow centerpiece with bumblebee
Paper Daisy Centerpieces with flying Bumble Bees
Mommy to Bee Flag

daisy centerpiece with bumble bee
Paper Bumble bee attached to daisy
Bumble Bee Cupcake Toppers

No comments:

Post a Comment